Support Live Chat
- What Is a Case Brief?
- Case Brief Format
- Case Brief Structure
- Sample Case Brief Template
- How to Write a Case Brief?
- How to Brief a Case?
- Writing a Case Brief: Efficient Suggestions
- What Does a Case Brief Look Like?
- Buy Case Brief Writing Help Here and Forget About Poor Performance
- Get Your Assignment Done by a Professional Case Brief Writer!
If you are having any difficulties with writing a case brief, then you are just in the right place. In our guide, you will find a lot of helpful suggestions that will enable you to organize the writing process properly. Besides, we will provide you with information about our legit writing service that is known for providing high-quality case brief writing assistance to students worldwide.
At first glance, writing a brief may seem a rather interesting activity as it is a great opportunity to test your skills and abilities. However, if this task turns out to be more difficult than it seemed before, it can become a great problem. Besides, this task is not the only assignment you will need to complete. Well, if you are stuck on the first stage of the case brief writing process, you have two options. First, you may study everything about the case brief assignment focusing on all the guidelines and suggestions provided by your tutor. Second, you can order custom writing services at a reliable writing service and relax. Both of these options have significant benefits. Now, let us help you figure out the main guidelines for writing a case study so that you could make an informed choice.
What is a case brief? In accordance with a common case brief definition, it is a law-related assignment that aims to investigate and evaluate a particular legal case. You will need to write a summary of the case, as well as its comprehensive analysis. Typically, this paper is written in an outline form. To create a good-looking case brief, you need to be aware of the main structural elements of this paper. First and foremost, you will need to focus on general facts, as well as background information about the case. Second, you will need to focus on the arguments provided by both parties. Third, you will need to present a comprehensive discussion of why this case is important. To brief a case successfully, you will need to apply your best analytical and critical thinking skills.
As it is obvious from the case brief definition, this paper should not be too long. You should know that there are a lot of restrictions and limitations that will help you make your paper very short. Given this requirement, you should understand that only the most accurate and valid facts should be included in your paper. We strongly recommend you keep the length of your paper within 600 words unless your prompt includes other requirements.
The case brief format you will need to follow greatly depends on the instructions of your tutor. However, most probably, you will need to follow the IRAC format, which means the issue, rule, application, and conclusion. The first step in writing a case brief is to identify the central issue of the case. Next, you will need to inform your target audience how the court determined what rules were applied in this case. Then, you will need to evaluate how these rules were applied in the case. Finally, you will need to summarize your case analysis explaining whether the court’s decision was rational. If you use any other case briefs in your paper, you will need to cite them carefully so that the reader could figure out where the information was taken from.
Following the traditional case brief structure, you will need to include three main parts in your paper:
- Introduction. In the very first section of your case brief paper, you will need to present the background information about the case. This section is important for forming the basic understanding of the case brief, as well figure out the main way for its analysis;
- Description. After the introduction, you will need to write the main body of your paper in which you will provide more details about the case such as the information about parties, the arguments, the legal rules and practices applied in the process, etc.;
- Conclusion. Finally, in your conclusion, you will need to summarize the information presented in the paper emphasizing the most significant findings, as well as provide a call to action to help your intended audience understand how to deal with the issue.
When you need to write a case brief, it is better to have a look at a case brief template that will help you figure out the main parts of the paper. Below, you will find a case brief template that will help you understand what are the main elements of a case brief:
- The court that issued the decision;
- Posture procedure;
- Main issues of appeal;
- Arguments of each side;
- Policy implications;
- Rule of law;
- The rationale used by a judge;
- Dissenting opinions.
Now, when you know what are the main parts of a case brief, you need to learn how to write a case brief. Below, you will find a short description of the main parts of a case brief that will help you understand how to organize the paper properly:
- Title of the case. The title of your case brief should provide your intended audience with what to anticipate in the write-up. Pay attention that the first section of your case brief paper is your chance to set the legal proceedings wheel in motion. In particular, you will need to provide the information about the appeal, plaintiff, defender, etc.
- Procedure posture. In its essence, the procedure posture is a clear demonstration of how the case ended up at the appellate court. As such, you need to outline the actions that were taken by lower courts;
- Facts statement. A well-written case brief should provide a summary of the pertinent facts along with the legal points that were raised during the case. This section should demonstrate the nature of the litigation. Typically, facts are summarized at the start of a public court’s opinion. However, it is also possible to provide facts in the concurring or dissenting opinion;
- The issue. The issue is the main case at the court. In this section, you need to note the main issue. A significant point you should know about court cases is that they begin with the words that identify the issues under consideration. For example, you may say, “the case we are analyzing is…”
- The rule. As soon as the case issue is established, your paper should capture a set of laws that were used by a judge. Depending on the nature of the reviewed case, the judgment may require several rules. Most probably, the judge will discuss the rule that captures the most significant points. Pay attention that your task is to highlight these points as much as possible;
- Reasoning. In this section, you will need to explain why the judge took the choice they did. At this point, you will need to keep in mind all the facts of the case, as well as the laws that apply to it. If there are any dissenting opinions, you will need to scrutinize them;
- Conclusion. A concluding part is the last section of your brief. This section should be rather short informing the audience about whether the appellate court affirmed the decision by the lower court or reversed the case.
Do you want to get a clear algorithm explaining how to brief a case? Have a look at the suggestions provided further:
- Select an appropriate case brief format;
- Use the correct caption when naming the brief;
- Identify the main facts;
- Provide the procedural history;
- State the issues in question;
- Provide the court’s rationale for each holding;
- Provide alternative opinions.
A lot of students consider writing a case brief too challenging. No wonder, the cases are different, which may require different approaches. To facilitate the case brief writing process, you need to consider the following tips:
- Have a look at some case brief examples to study the essentials of case brief writing;
- Take some time practicing your case brief writing skills;
- Manage your time properly. When your professor asked you to write a case brief, you should not wait until the last moment to write it. Instead, you should start writing your paper as soon as possible to make sure you will spend enough time on the writing process. Pay attention that you will need to spend a great deal of time studying the judgment and legislation;
- Make sure to collect all accurate and relevant files. Following the common standards of case study writing, you will need to collect the most credible data;
- Pay attention to all details. When it comes to case brief writing, every single mistake will lead to the failure of the entire paper. The more details you study, the better you will understand the procedures, verdict, and other important aspects;
- Make your case brief paper as clear and concise as possible;
- Proofread your paper. Keep in mind that grammar is a very important point of the grading rubric. Thus, you need to make sure your paper is free from typos and grammatical mistakes demonstrating your carelessness.
Are you still wondering “What does a case brief look like?” Well, although the way you will write your case brief paper depends on the instructions provided by your tutor, certain guidelines should be followed if you want to get a good grade for your paper:
- Begin writing your case brief by providing information about the parties. In particular, you will need to include the names of both the plaintiff/plaintiffs and the defendant. When reviewing the appellate case, you will need to start with mentioning the name of the person filing the appeal;
- Each notable case includes some controversy. That is why the cases are always appealed through the courts. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to include a procedural history of the case starting with the original ruling up to the appellate courts;
- When discussing the case, you will need to answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the litigation?
- What are the goals of both parties?
- What events lead to the case?
- What laws can be applied in this particular case?
- What arguments were used by both parties? How were these arguments framed?
- Analyze the court’s ruling. What was the basis of the court’s decision? In some cases, it is necessary to provide the intended audience with some context to help them understand the case better;
- State any dissenting opinions. Do not forget to briefly explain all dissenting arguments and rationale;
- Analyze the legal justification. Make sure to identify the regulations, laws, and legal principles that are related to the case as they will serve to determine how consistent the court was;
- In the last section of your case brief, you will need to focus on the importance of the case explaining how did this case influence society.
If you are looking for a reliable place to buy case brief writing assistance, we highly recommend you try cooperating with our reputed writing service. By doing this, you will make a smart investment in your academic career because we used to provide our customers with flawless papers that meet the highest writing standards and criteria. For a student, who does not have sufficient writing skills and experience, this task may be particularly challenging and exhausting. If you think that a good case brief can be written in just a couple of hours, you are mistaken because there are plenty of materials to study. If you have many other assignments in your academic curriculum and you do not want to compromise them, feel free to order a case brief at our writing service and we will make your stress disappear. When you are dealing with our professional team, you do not need to be worried about plagiarism because we provide all our customers with papers that are unique and authentic. Once the case brief is completed by the writer, it will be forwarded to our editorial department where a professional quality assurance manager will verify it. The editor will double-check if your paper is original if it is done according to instructions, as well as if it is free from grammatical mistakes. As such, you will receive a paper that will be flawless.
In case of having any questions or concerns about your order, you should not hesitate to get in touch with our support managers. For your convenience, they are working 24 hours per day to provide our customers with the necessary guidance. You can be sure that we are doing everything possible to make our cooperation maximally smooth and enjoyable for our customers.
If the deadline of your case brief assignment is approaching and you have no idea what to do with it, feel free to place an order at Pay-For-Essay.org and we will do our best to help you achieve academic excellence. No matter how urgent the deadline of your assignment is, we will never miss it because we highly respect our customers and never do things that may compromise their reputation.
Hundreds of our satisfied customers already know why our cheap custom writing service is the best place to order professional writing help. If you are taking care of your academic performance and do not want to turn in a poorly written paper, just allow us to become your writing companion and we will gladly cover all of your instructions providing you with the exceptional case brief example.
Now, you have a wonderful chance to cooperate with a seasoned, skilled, and professional case brief writer having vast experience in writing legal papers. For many years of their hard and diligent work, our writers have produced multiple types of academic papers for different purposes. When you order your case brief at Pay-For-Essay.org, you can be certain that the most appropriate expert will be assigned to your order. Taking care of the reputation of our company, we never hire unprofessional or irresponsible writing representatives. Therefore, you can be sure that all members of our writing pool were carefully selected based on their skills and qualifications. Such an individual approach allows us to ensure the best outcomes for all our customers. If you were dreaming about finding a balance between your studies and personal life, hurry up to contact us with the words “please, write my case brief” and we will not disappoint you. After all, providing our customers with outstanding writing services is what we do the best!