Annotated Bibliography: Immigration
- Bray, Ilona. U.S. Immigration Made Easy. Berkeley: Nolo Press. 2013. Print.
The author describes modern immigration policies and programs that exist to help people immigrate to the US, and explains how to fill in the forms and prepare documents for the legal immigration. I was able to use the information that I found in the book. The information was directly related to the topic US Immigration Policies. I used the data from the book to support my point of view in the essay.
- Cortes, Luis. A Simple Guide to U.S. Immigration and Citizenship. New York: Simon and Schuster. 2008. Print.
The author analyzes the process of immigration to the US and receiving the US citizenship. The book provides an overview of the immigration policies, and explains how to go through all obstacles during the process of immigration to the US. The information in the book is directly related to the topic of my essay. I used information about immigration policy, which I found in the book as the evidence for the essay.
- DeLaet, Debra. U.S. Immigration Policy in an Age of Rights. Westport: Greenwood Publishing Group. 2000. Print.
The author gives a thorough description of the groups of people, who have the right to immigrate to the US. Civil rights and liberalization of the policy on immigration to the US is thoroughly analyzed. The information, which I found in the book is directly related to the topic of my essay. I used the inforation as the supporting data for my essay.
- Haines, David W. and Karen E. Rosenblum. Illegal Immigration in America: A Reference Handbook. Westport: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1999. Print.
The author discusses controversy related to the policies of immigration to the US. The book offers a thorough review of the govermental support the US offers to the people who want to immigrate. The author argues whether the US should continue to support the imigrants. The book also descibes the results of the illegal immigration to the US. The information I found in this book is related to the issue raised in my essay. I used the data I found in the book for suporting my point of view.
- Loucky, James, and Jeanne Armstrong, and Lawrence J. Estrada. Immigration in America Today: An Encyclopedia. Westport: Greenwood Publishing Group. 2006. Print.
The researchers discuss the issue of immigration to the modern America. The book discusses the influence of the Great Depression and the World War II on the immigration process. The book describes the modern immigration policy and the possibility of employment and education for the immigrants. The information in the book is relevant for my essay topic. I used the information as the base for my essay.
- Moloney, Deirdre M. National Insecurities: Immigrants and U.S. Deportation Policy since 1882. North Carolina: Univ of North Carolina Press. 2012. Print.
The book focuses on illegal immigration to the United States and describes the consequences of illegal immigration. The cases when deportation takes place are described in detail. The information I found in this book was useful for my essay. I used the data from the book as the evidence.